Friday, June 8, 2012

Welcome

Hi, I'm Matt and this is going to be blog of my horror fiction.  I have been a closet writer for years, scribbling in notebooks and on Word but never sharing anything.  After getting inspired by multiple famous type people about just doing what you love and making it work, I've decided to try my hand at sharing my stories. 

I am a huge horror fan, ask my wife, friends or my Netflix Que.  I have always been a fan of the genre and feel like I can at least contribute to it.  This blog will collect my little bits of horror fiction that I have been writing down and hopefully give you a little something to think about when in your house in the dark. 

I'm going to do my best to not give you another zombie, werewolf, vampire, apocalypse story, but I can't say those horror tropes won't cross this blog.  They are all apart of horror, no matter if it's a trend now or not.  Stephen King has covered just about all of those topics, yet you don't see teenage girls wearing shirts with Barlow on them, proving that you don't have to be trendy with teenagers to write about them.  But, having been heavily influenced by King as well as Harlan Ellison, Rob Zombie, George Romero, Ray Bradbury, Eli Roth, Ti West, and countless B-movies, I will do my best to give you creepy horror stories that might have you question my mind.

Now, being a blog and just a part time writer guy, these stories might be a little rough.  I'm sorry for that, but am completely open to you giving me writing advice, I'm a military guy I can take it.  I just want to get it out there, forcing me to continue to write, they say you should write every day to make yourself better, well that's what this is.  So, if I have two readers or a 1000, I'm going to just give you what I can.

Thanks and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment