Friday, June 8, 2012

Five Sentence Fiction: Foggy

I'm a big time Redditor(a total time sink...but some bits of wisdom can be found), and look at quite a few writing sub-reddits.  There is a guy that posts every Tuesday "Five Sentence Fiction" and then gives you a topic.  A couple of weeks ago I thought I'd start submitting my five sentence fiction to it.  And killing two birds with one stone, I'll start throwing those up here as well. 

Here is my first, subject being 'Foggy'...

She is in the kitchen washing the knives, cleaning off any memory of the night before. Looking out the window she notices the small shape using the fog as cover as it stalks its prey. It'll be his first time and she hopes he remembers everything she has taught him, all the things that she can pass on to him before she is caught. The kid across the street has no idea her sweet son is behind him, the shadow moving to quietly pull him into the fog. A little while later he comes to the door smiling and she hugs him, then points him to the basement so that he can start the cleaning ritual before going to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment