Friday, July 27, 2012

I Want to Sleep in a Haunted House

I want to sleep in a haunted house
Not the ghost type, the Halloween type
Not the actor type, the robotic type
I want to sleep to the sounds of robotic ghosts and ghouls
My lullaby should come from a static-y speaker playing a haunted sounds record
My teddy bear is the cheaply made monster made in 1983
I want to sleep knowing the scares around the corner
The robots jumping in jerky motion everytime I walk pass
The scares aren't real as much as the thought of those scares
I want to sleep where the lights are black or orange
Someone should change the bulbs in here
Someone should oil the machines, they are falling apart
I want to sleep where the walls weave a maze to the outside
I don't think anyone has visited this attraction in a long time
Do people still get scared of robots in vampire costumes?
I want to live in a haunted house

*Not really big on poetry, but thought I'd give a whirl

No comments:

Post a Comment